Hi Everyone!
Welcome to the Inspired By a Song Blog hop!
I wanted to thank our lovely hostess Gill for letting me join in on another one of her fabulous hops!
If you came from Lisa G.'s Blog than you are in the right place! If you would like to start at the beginning then head to Gill's Blog!
I was SO EXCITED for this hop and signed up several months ago and I thought for sure that I would do my project on "Uptown Girl" by Billy Joel, cause I LOVE that song. But then I was thinking maybe I should do it on "Rebecca Lynn" by Bryan White. Because we named our daughter after that song, as it was the first country song I got my husband to like when we were dating :) So I have been so indecisive on what to do.... I finally decided to combined all my favorite memories that have to do with songs since when I met my husband. We have been married almost 14 years and starting dating in High School, so we were able to go to both Junior and Senior Prom together :) (Of course Uptown Girl didn't make it to the list as I don't have a memory attached to it :) I just love the song)
For my project I wanted to use the Hannah Montana cartridge because you can make your own words go on a music "thingy" :) So I cut that on my Cricut and it was a pain to get it off the mat because I had to take sooo many little pieces out and then it was very fragile :( I then cut out some music notes and added stickles to EVERYTHING :) For my background paper, I printed it off using the Black and White cartridge on the Imagine. I then typed up my songs and memories of those songs and I wanted to make sure I printed it without spacing so it would look like the way they print the song lists on the CD's .
Here is a closer look
Here is what my memories say:)
1. "I Can't Take My Eyes off of You"...When my husband kept staring at me when we first starting dating, and then he played me this song :) 2. "More Than a Woman To Me", my husband said this song reminded him of me :) 3. "American Pie", I heard this when we were setting up for a dance and I found out he liked me :) 4. "Macerana" he would smile whenever he saw me dance to this :) 5. "Because You Loved Me", Upclose and Personal was our first date movie, and this became "Our Song" :) 6. "One Sweet Day" the theme of our Junior Prom, It makes me think of how much fun we had that night. 7. "Rebecca Lynn", It was the first country song I got my husband to like and we said we would name our daughter after it, and WE DID! :) 8. "From This Moment On", Our Wedding Song 9. "Moments" I heard it when my husband was at the Police Academy and it was his moment to shine then :) 10. "Life Is a Highway" since he is a cop 11. "Bring Him Home Santa" he was at the Academy at Christmas Time, but was able to come home for Christmas and weekends 12. "I'm Already There" , I had the radio station play it on Our Anniversary while he was still at the Academy 13."Fall", I heard it when I was pregnant with my son and was awaiting Amnio results, and when my husband was at the academy. 14. "I Saw God Today" I heard it on the way to the hospital to deliver my baby. 15. "Then", my husband said it reminds him of me.
Supplies:
Black and White Cartridge
Quarter Note Cartridge
Cricut Imagine
Gypsy
Cricut
Zig Two Way glue
ATG gun
Cardstock
Diamond Stickles
Please leave a comment below to be entered to win a $5.00 Amazon gift card. One winner will be chosen using Random.org. You will have until April 13th To enter.
Thanks for stopping by!
YOUR NEXT STOP IS DENA'S BLOG!!!



This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun way to be inspired by a song. I love the title you made as well. I didn't know the Hannah Montana cartridge did that.
ReplyDeleteI love the title of your layout and what a fabulous way to list the songs that mean a lot to you and your hubby.
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter
Hugs
Linda xxx
Oh, that is a lovely layout and I liked your explanation of all the songs. Brilliant cut-outs too... they really must have been fiddly but they look awesome :-D xxx
ReplyDeletevery clever love your idea I joined the hop early on to and new exactly what I wanted to do I really enjoyed making my card and I am enjoying doing the hop just as much seeing how different everyone sees things
ReplyDeleteJacki xx
I love that paper with the music notes on it! What a neat story for your project! BTW, my honey is a police officer, too! TFS this wonderful project!
ReplyDeleteDena Jones
missdjones.blogspot.com
Love it TFS!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWOW what a fabby idea. You do learn a bit about people from their music tastes and OMG we like similar stuff. Bryan white i was priviledged to meet in nashville in 2004 and Rebecca Lynn is such a lovely song. From this moment on by Shania oh wow another lovely song, Im already there by lonestar - wow another fabby one and again i met them in nashville that same year - my fav lonestar song is Amazed. Such a neat way to preserve those memory songs. Thank you for being part of the hop
ReplyDeletegreat project!
ReplyDeleteLisa, I love this project you've made. It's so personal and so full of lovely memories. It's lovely to read what each song means to me, and I love the cartridge you've used. I don't have a cricut or anything like that, but I can clearly see all the lovely elements you can make for your crafty projects.
ReplyDeleteWell done!
Lisa xx